Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Please complete this shortened claim form if:
- you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and have had a change in circumstances which means you may now qualify for Council Tax Support as well
- you have recently applied for Housing Benefit via the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service and have been advised you need to claim Council Tax Support from us
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of processing your Housing Benefit and/or in the administration of Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in processing your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your National Insurance number
- Your nine digit benefit reference number starting with 500
- your nine digit Council Tax account number starting with 60
- Up to date balances and statements of all of your and your partner's bank or building society accounts (even if these are overdrawn), current and savings, stocks and shares ISA's.
- If you want someone to deal with your Council Tax Support claim, please complete the Appointee form with them.
When you submit this online claim you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
We aim to process your claim within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
Once you've completed the form, you will need to provide evidence of all of the information you have given. You will not need to provide evidence of your savings if they are less than £6,000.
You can now email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
If additional information is needed, you have a maximum of one month from your application date to provide this.
- Phone 01395 517446
- Visit the offices - the benefits team are at
Exmouth Town Hall - Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm and
Knowle, Sidmouth - Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm