To be entitled to Council Tax Support you:

  • need to be responsible for paying Council Tax for the home that you live in and
  • you and your partner must be on a low income – this could be from benefits, pensions or earnings and
  • if you are working age, you or your partner must have total savings of less than £8,000 (working age is below the age to claim Pension Credit) or
  • if you are pension age, you or your partner must have total savings of less than £16,000 (pension age is above the age to claim Pension Credit). If you are getting Guaranteed Pension Credit then the £16.000 savings limit does not apply to you