Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Please use this form to tell us about any property or land that you partly or wholly own, not including your current home. This can be in the UK or abroad.
We may ask the Valuation Office for an independent current market value(s) for UK property.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of processing your Housing Benefit and/or in the administration of Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in processing your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- full postal address of any property or land
- Ordnance Survey map reference for land. This is shown on the title deed
- the current market value. If you do not have this information we will arrange a valuation. You will not be charged for this
- current amounts outstanding on mortgages, loans or charges secured against the property or land
- if you rent the property or land, details of the rent charged and expenses incurred
We aim to process your claim within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. We will write or email to confirm what we require.
You can now email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can process your application.
You have to complete this form online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places.