There are a number of ways we encourage healthy eating, physical activity and a positive pro-active approach to life:
- We are working with the Sid Valley’s Health and Social Care Forum to run the second Healthy Living Festival for tenants and the general public.
- The charity HALFF (Healthy And Local Food for Families) runs regular cooking and nutrition sessions for vulnerable children and teenagers at our SWITCH clubs.
- We coordinate an East Devon team at the South West Youth Games.
- We have made links with LED's Walk This Way scheme. The mixture of town and country walks are aimed at those who are doing very little or no exercise at the moment, but who would like to become more active.
- We run an annual ‘Easter Challenge’ for our SWITCH groups, where the young people camp in the countryside, taking part in physical activities and experiencing living outside for two days.
- We will continue to find funding for some SWITCH young people to attend The Outward Bound programme in Snowdonia National Park.