Guide Financial Support and Advice

Show all parts of this guide

1. Help with Household Bills

Person working on laptop - Photo by In-Press Photography

Get help if you can't afford the basics like food, gas, electricity and household goods.

Council Tax Reduction Scheme

Apply for a council tax reduction, if you are on a low income, out of work or in receipt of state benefits. The amount you receive depends on your income and circumstances

Start the journey

Apply for a Council Tax Reduction

Discretionary Housing Payment

Do your benefits fail to cover your full rent? As long as you receive housing benefits or the housing cost element of Universal Credit, you can apply for financial help below.

Start the journey

Apply for the Discretionary Housing Payment

Exceptional Hardship Fund for Council Tax

Are you struggling to pay your council tax, even though you have received a reduction of some sort? If you are experiencing financial hardship then you can apply for this short-term emergency fund to meet the shortfall.

Start the journey

Apply for the Exceptional Hardship Fund

Request Financial Support

If you are struggling to afford food or other essentials you may be able to get help from East Devon's hardship fund.

Start the journey

Request Financial Support

Help with Energy Costs

Information on the Council Tax (Energy) Rebate, grants and advice services to help reduce and pay your energy bills.

Start the journey

Get help with Energy Costs