How to apply

If you want to have a sex establishment licence transferred into your name you can apply online. 

You'll need:

  •  your details and the details of any additional licence holders
  • information about whether you are applying as an individual or a business or organisation
  • the existing licence holder to give their consent or if you can't get their consent you'll need to tell us why not


You must put up public notices at the premises giving details of the application.  

A copy of that notice must also be advertised in a local newspaper.

More information and a template to follow are in our guidance for the display of notices for sex establishments.


You will need to pay a fee for this application.  Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.