In East Devon, we welcome refugees seeking a safe home in our communities. In recent years we have welcomed refugees from Syria and Afghanistan, and we will do what we can to support people escaping war in Ukraine.
Last summer, we received an overwhelming number of incredibly generous offers of support from people across Devon in response to the crisis in Afghanistan. We know that the people of Devon will want to show the same compassionate welcome to people fleeing Ukraine.
We want to reach out to all of our Ukrainian residents, and anyone with friends and families affected by, or concerned about, events in Ukraine.
The Team Devon Supporting Ukraine website has been put together to provide residents with a wealth of useful and relevant information on providing safe 'Homes for Ukraine'
Ukraine: what you can do to help is a website with information from the Government
- Find immigration advice on temporary concessions for Ukrainian nationals applying to join a family route at GOV.UK.
- For official information on travel advice to and from Ukraine visit GOV.UK.
- Welcome Guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK.
- The Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) has launched a Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
The UK Government will match pound-for-pound up to £20 million donated by the public to this appeal.
DEC brings together 15 leading UK aid charities, raising funds to quickly and effectively respond to overseas disasters
To donate directly to the Ukrainian government use the website withukraine.org, run by the Embassy of Ukraine to the UK.
- To make a donation towards the UN’s humanitarian work in Ukraine, please visit Ukrainian Humanitarian Fund UN Crisis Relief.
There are local collections taking place in East Devon, please refer to local social media to find out about any collections that you may wish to contribute to.